As part of the site-selection activities for the Greenland Ice Sheet Program 2 (GISP2) deep drilling, two 100 mm diameter cores at Site A were drilled in 1985 using the electromechanical PICO 4-Inch Drill. Only one of the cores remains (core 2; core ID: SITE A2) in the ICF archive. The core is 100 m long, pore close-off occurs at about 75-80 m depth, and the accumulation rate is about 290 mm a-1 ice. The core is not continuous and is on the de-accession list.
- Bory AJ‐M, Biscaye PE, Piotrowski AM, and Steffensen JP (2003) Regional variability of ice core dust composition and provenance in Greenland, Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 4, 1107. https://doi.org/10.1029/2003GC000627
- Alley R and Anandakrishnan S (1995) Variations in melt-layer frequency in the GISP2 ice core: Implications for Holocene summer temperatures in central Greenland. Annals of Glaciology, 21, 64-70. https://doi.org/10.3189/S0260305500015615
- Mosley-Thompson E, Thompson LG, Dai J, Davis M, Lin PN (1993) Climate of the last 500 years: High resolution ice core records. Quaternary Science Reviews, 12(6), 419-430. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0277-3791(05)80006-X
- Dai J, Mosley‐Thompson E, and Thompson LG (1991) Ice core evidence for an explosive tropical volcanic eruption 6 years preceding Tambora. Journal of Geophysical Reseasrch, 96( D9), 17361-17366. https://doi.org/10.1029/91JD01634
- Alley R and Koci B (1988) Ice-Core Analysis at Site A, Greenland: Preliminary Results. Annals of Glaciology, 10, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.3189/S0260305500004067