The abstract submission for the forthcoming 27th IUGG General Assembly to be held July 8-18, 2019, at the Palais des Congrès in Montréal (Québec, Canada) is now open.
We are encouraging submissions to the following IACS session:
C06 "New Frontiers in Paleoclimate Reconstructions and Proxy Interpretations from Ice Cores".
This symposium welcomes contributions of state-of-the-art ice core science from both polar regions as well as mid and low latitude glaciers. We invite contributions on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- results from new drilling campaigns
- new analytical and drilling techniques
- advances in ice-core proxy interpretations
- paleoclimate reconstructions which may integrate other natural archives and / or develop array reconstructions
- climate model simulations, including isotope enabled models
- ice/bedrock investigations from ice core and fast access drilling projects
Contributions on different temporal scales spanning the past decades to glacial-interglacial cycles are encouraged.
Convener: Barbara Stenni (Italy)
Co-Conveners: Anais Orsi (France), Nancy A. N. Bertler (New Zealand), T.J. Fudge (USA
The abstract submission closes on 18 February 2019.
Abstract submission, online registration and accommodation reservation are all now open at: http://iugg2019montreal.com/abstract-submission.html
More information about the event is available at: http://iugg2019montreal.com/index.html
The full list of cryospheric symposia is here http://iugg2019montreal.com/c.html
Travel Grants: IACS and IUGG will together support a large number of travel grants to enable students, early career scientists, female scientists and attendees from less-affluent countries to come to Montreal. More information is available here http://iugg2019montreal.com/travel-grant.html